Wyman Residence – Cambridge Massachusetts
This project was an extensive renovation of a two-family residential property and site in the Avon Hill Neighborhood Conservation District of Cambridge MA. The work included the following components:
- Complete interior and exterior renovation exceeding $1million.
- Local variances were secured to allow an off-street parking space and an increase in the ﬂoor area. The building was raised 12 inches in order to provide a full height basement.
- Exterior work included new exterior basement walls with historically compatible brick veneer and mortar. The building envelope, site and landscaping were all completely redone.
- The ﬁrst ﬂoor work included a small rental apartment on one side of the residence. The remaining half of the ﬁrst ﬂoor and the entire second ﬂoor were renovated for the Owner’s unit.
- All mechanical and electrical systems were replaced and fully upgraded.
M I L L S W H I T A K E R A R C H I T E C T S